Are There Non-Religious Health Share Plans?
Technically no, but sort of.
If you’re not a religious person, but are interested in the potential cost savings of a health share ministry, then read on. This post is for you. If you’re looking for a non-religious health share, there is probably an option available to you.
There are six health care sharing ministries. The one that is the closest to be a non-relgious health share or secular health share is AlieraCare. Also. AlieraCare has some of the strongest sharing plans, as well as the most options so that’s good news to most people.
Why are there no true Non-Religious Health Share Plans?
All Health Sharing Ministries are based on a religious exemption. So they are all religious organizations themselves. AlieraCare has the most open statement of beliefs, which why I say it’s the closest to a non-relgious health share / secular health share.
Why is AlieraCare is the Most Non-Religious Health Share?
If you’re looking for a Non-Religious Health Share, this is the one I’d recommend, because;
1. They have a lenient Statement of Beliefs (see below,)
2. They do not limit membership to a particular religion, nor do you need to be a part of any organized religion,
3. They do not require membership in a church or other organization of faith,
4. They do not restrict membership from those in a same-sex marriage and there is no limitation to “family types,”
Statement of Beliefs
To qualify, you must attest to the following Statement of Beliefs:
1. We believe that our personal rights and liberties originate from God and are bestowed on us by God.
2. We believe every individual has a fundamental religious right to worship God in his or her own way.
3. We believe it is our moral and ethical obligation to assist our fellow man when they are in need, according to our available resources and opportunity.
4. We believe it is our spiritual duty to God and our ethical duty to others to maintain a healthy lifestyle and avoid foods, behaviors, or habits that produce sickness or disease to ourselves or others.
5. We believe it is our fundamental right of conscience to direct our own healthcare, in consultation with physicians, family, or other valued advisors.
Who Can Enroll?
Since AlieraCare is the most open and inclusive Health Share Ministry, the odds are you can join in, too. If you accept the Statement of Beliefs (see above,) you can enroll. There are no other requirements. They do not decline people based on pre-existing conditions, but there are limitations to coverage based on them.
AlieraCare is the Closest Thing to a Non-religious Health Sharing Plan
As long as you can agree to the statement and, the heart of the statement says that a person should and can practice their beliefs in their own way. As it should be.
A Non-Religious Health Sharing Plan is NOT insurance.